Tree Waste Removal and Leaf Pickup
The Town has contracted with Tree Pluckers for the 2020 Brush Contract and will begin May 1st with the Highway Department continuing picking up tree debris and leaves.
June 29- July 3, 2020 Brush Pickup:
The brush contractor will be working in Zone 4 and moving to Zone #1 later in the week
Please remember these dates and zones are an estimated time frame.
PLEASE DO NOT MIX STICKS, TWIGS, PLASTIC BAGS, ANIMAL WASTE, ORNAMENTAL GRASSES OR TREE DEBRIS WITH THE LEAVES OR THEY WILL NOT BE PICKED UP.
The Brush Contract will begin May 1, 2020 and will continue until the end of October 2020
Tree Waste Pick-Up From May 1 to October 31, the Town of Orchard Park, through the use of a contractor, tries to maintain a two (2) week tree waste pick up schedule. This leaves highway crews free to work on road maintenance projects during the year. However, depending on the volume of tree waste throughout the Town to be picked up, it may take longer than the two week period mentioned before and the day of the week that tree waste is picked up on a particular street may vary. During the remainder of the year, tree waste is picked up by the Highway Department, but as weather and scheduling permits. In an effort to maintain a timely and cost efficient tree waste removal program, we kindly request that residents:
- Please place all tree waste at the roadside in front of residence in orderly piles with butt-ends facing the road. Limbs and branches should not exceed four (4) inches in diameter and twelve (12) feet in length or be piled more than 3 feet high. This material will be chipped and made available to residents at the Compost Facility, 6909 Milestrip Road during their regular business hours.
- Please cut all limbs and tree stock exceeding four (4) inches in diameter into lengths of eighteen (18) to twenty-four (24) inches maximum and pile neatly and separately at the curb.
- Please place all stumps and shrubs at the curb, in a separate pile with dirt removed from the roots, (IF NOT DIRT FREE, NO PICKUP WILL OCCUR). Stumps are not to exceed two hundred (200) pounds.
- Leaves will be picked up loose at curbside only during the fall season beginning in October. Please separate the leaves from twigs and branches for pickup.
- Due to the use of fertilizers and pesticides, grass clippings and garden waste must be put in trash bags or garbage cans and placed out with your regular trash.
- Please be advised that the Town of Orchard Park will not pick up tree waste removed from lots where there is no established, occupied dwelling. For this reason, it is recommended that tree waste not be piled on vacant lots for pick up.
- Please be advised the volume of tree waste pickup is restricted to that generated by basic tree trimming and occasional SMALL tree removal. Excessive amounts of tree waste comparable to that produced by lot clearing, whether generated commercially or individually, will not be picked up. Your contracted tree cutting service is responsible to remove any large tree from your property and they or you can transport it to the Compost Facility on Milestrip Road. There it will be disposed of free of charge if you are an Orchard Park resident.
- Please be advised that railroad ties, fencing, lumber, old deck material, construction waste and other similar items will not be picked up with tree waste. Contact the Town’s current sanitation contractor, Waste Management at 1-800-333-6590 for information on how to dispose of these items. The Town of Orchard Park does not own or maintain a dumpsite. Any material, other than tree waste, must be disposed of privately.