Town Board Meeting
Town Board Meeting
February 19 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
An event every month that begins at 7:00pm on day First of the month, repeating indefinitely
An event every month that begins at 7:00pm on day Third of the month, repeating indefinitely
I SUPERVISOR CALL TO ORDER
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Fire Safety Notification: “Fire exits are located at the rear of the board room and at the doorway to the left. If notified, please move in a calm and orderly fashion to the nearest exits”.
- If anyone appearing before the Town Board has a family, financial or business relationship with any member of the Board, it is incumbent upon that person to make it known under State Law and the Town Code of Ethics.
II MINUTES Regular Town Board: January 2, 2020
Executive Sessions: January 2, 2020
Organizational Meeting: January 2, 2020
III PUBLIC COMMENT ON OLD BUSINESS
IV OLD BUSINESS
- Town Board to approve Change Order #6 to our Plumbing contract with Numarco Inc. For the Brush Mountain Community Activity Center.
- Town Board to approve Change Order #15 to our General Contract with Javen Construction Co, Inc. for the Brush Mountain Community Activity Center.
- Town Board to approve Change Order #11 for our Electrical Contract with Industrial Power & Lighting Corporation *IPL) for the Brush Mountain Community Activity Center.
V PUBLIC COMMENT ON NEW BUSINESS
VI NEW BUSINESS
- Town Board to approve Freed Maxick CPAs, P.C. to provide independent audit and consulting services for the December 31, 2019 and December 31, 2020 fiscal years.
- Town Board to approve the Frozen Chosen 5K run scheduled for Saturday, February 8th at 10:00 AM, the Certificate of Liability has been received, and all fees have been paid.
- Town Board to create one additional position of “Public Safety Dispatcher Full Time” to the rolls of the Orchard Park Police.
- Town Board to accept the change in status of Full Time Public Safety dispatcher, Kevin M. Jewett to a Part Time Public Safety Dispatcher effective January 17, 2020 at the same rate of pay, range 0007 step D, $24.71 per hour, as recommended by the Chief of Police.
- Town Board to approve Chelsea Vasquez to move from Part-time status to seasonal status from January 16, 2020 to April 16, 2020, as recommended by the Chief of Police.
- Town Board to approve the appointment of Marie G. Armstrong to the position of Public Safety Dispatcher (part-time, probationary) effective January 16, 2020, pay range 0007,step, 1st year, $19.21 per hour, as recommended by the Chief of Police.
- Town Board to authorize the extension of Patrick J. McMaster in the position of transition/training consultant as of January 16, 2019 at a rate of $28.50 per hour.
- Town Board to approve the purchase of one new 2020 Freightliner 114 SD 4×2 Cab and Chassis for $181,402.50 under New York State Bid Contract.
- Town Board to appoint Dave Helwig to the Compost site, at a rate of $20.40 per hour, and Ronald Henning at a rate of $20.00 per hour, effective January 3, 2020.
- Town Board to appoint Jordan Kellerman to the Emergency Disaster Committee for 2020.
- Town Board to remove Joann Litwin as Assistant Emergency Disaster Coordinator and appoint Robert Benning and Jordan Kellerman as Assistant Emergency Disaster Coordinators.
- Town Board to appoint Jacquline M to the Ethics Board with a term to expire on 12/31/2024.
- Town Board to appoint Timothy Gallagher to the Comprehensive Implementation Committee for the year 2020.
- Town Board to set a Public Hearing in the matter of Local Law 1-2020, “Amending Zoning §144 Attachment 1”, on February 5, 2020 at 7:00pm.
- Town Board to set a Public Hearing in the matter of Local Law 2-2020, Eliminating Chapter 45 Building Construction §45-5.1”, on February 5, 2020 at 7:00pm.
- Town Board to refer to the Planning Board, Zoning Board and Conservation Board the following:
- 4370 Taylor Road, located on the west side of Taylor Road, just north of US Route 20A (Big Tree Road), Zoned I-1. (SBL#172.07-1-6.1) Paul Bliss is requesting to construct a 2-Story, 12,000 gsf. Office Building with 44-parking spaces and on-site utility improvements. The existing home and driveway will be demolished.
VII BUSINESS FROM THE FLOOR
IX ELECTED OFFICIALS & DEPARTMENT MANAGERS
Supervisor Patrick J. Keem
Councilmember Eugene Majchrzak
Councilmember Connor Flynn
Town Clerk Remy Orffeo
Town Attorney John Bailey
Building Inspector Steve Bremer
Chief of Police Joe Wehrfritz
Highway Superintendent Fred Piasecki
Town Engineer Wayne Bieler
County & State Representatives
X APPROVAL OF BILLS Warrant #2
- Building Inspector’s December 2019 report