Resident’s Guide to Brush Collection
When will brush be picked up?
Once a month following the attached schedule. Brush must be at the curb before 7:00 am Monday of your collection week to guarantee it will be collected that week. The Town will not be responsible to collect brush placed at the curb after 7:00 am Monday of your collection week.
Where will my brush be picked up?
Please place tree waste at the roadside in front of your residence in an orderly pile with the cut ends facing the street. Brush Piles must be kept off the road pavement/gutter. Placing brush piles on the road creates safety issues for drivers and pedestrians and creates drainage issues.
What will be picked up as part of regular service?
- Regular tree waste in piles no larger than 40 square feet (I.E. 10 feet long by 4 feet high, 20 feet long by 2 feet high etc.) with Branch Diameter up to 4 inches.
- Logs up to 24 Inch Diameter must be cut into 18 to 24 inch length and neatly stacked.
What will not be picked up?
- Grass clippings
- Shrubs or bushes with stumps or root balls connected
- Tires, railroad ties, fencing, lumber, old decking material, construction waste, electronics, etc.
- Tree waste from lots where there is no established, occupied dwelling
- Any Logs that are larger than 24 inch Diameter
- Any pile larger than 10 feet long by 4 feet tall
What if my pile is larger than 40sq. ft?
- Residents can have larger piles of brush, up to 50 feet long by 4 feet high collected for a fee of $700.
- Residents can pay for the extra service in person at the Highway Department or mail a check. If paid for by mail, please include address.
4350 S Taylor Rd, Orchard Park, NY 14127
What about leaf collection?
- Loose leaf collection is a separate service and is provided between October and May 1st. In the spring all leaves must be brought to the curb before April 15th, No collection will be provided after May 1st.
- Leaf piles must be separate from brush piles.
- Leaf collection will not follow the monthly brush collection schedule.
What if I miss my designated pickup time?
Residents can also drop off brush and leaves directly to the Town’s Composting Facility located at 6909 Milestrip Road during normal business hours, 7:30 am to 3:30 pm.