Town Board Meeting
- This event has passed.
Town Board Meeting
September 18 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
I SUPERVISOR CALL TO ORDER
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Fire Safety Notification: “Fire exits are located at the rear of the board room and at the doorway to the left. If notified, please move in a calm and orderly fashion to the nearest exits”.
- If anyone appearing before the Town Board has a family, financial or business relationship with any member of the Board, it is incumbent upon that person to make it known under State Law and the Town Code of Ethics.
- Regular Town Board: September 4, 2019
- Executive Sessions: September 4 & 11, 2019
- Special Session: September 11, 2019
III PUBLIC HEARING
- Public Hearing for Proposed Local Law 6-2019: Town of Orchard Park to over-ride tax levy limit established in General Municipal Law Sec.3-c
- Public Hearing for Conservation Easements:
- Patrick & Rose McCarthy – 6900 Ward Rd., 15 Acres extend to 29 years thru 2033
- Patrick 7 Rose McCarthy – V/L Scherff Rd., 10 Acres extend to 29 years thru 2033
- Geraldine Kozlowski – 6813 Chestnut Ridge Rd., 7 Acres extend to 26 years thru 2033
IV PUBLIC COMMENT ON OLD BUSINESS
V OLD BUSINESS
- Town Board, regarding West Herr Automotive, 3552 Southwestern Blvd, to grant Site Plan Approval and issue a Building Permit to construct approximately 89 new parking spaces with associated improvements involving landscaping and stormwater management, located at the rear of the existing Corporate headquarters building, per the plans received on 6/26/18, based on stipulated conditions and stipulations recommended by the Planning Board on 9/13/2019.
- Town Board to approve “temporary” Commercial Parking Permits for 2019, this approval includes the new Town Law passed on September 11, 2019.
- Town Board to approve Change Order #4 to our Fire Protection Contract with Wm. T. Spaeder Inc. for the Brush Mountain Community Activity Center Project.
- Town Board to approve Change Order # 11 to our General Contract with Javen Construction Co., Inc. for the Brush Mountain Community Activity Center Project.
- Town Board to approve Change Order #8 to our Electrical Contract with Industrial Power & Lighting Corporation for the Brush Mountain Community Activity Center.
- Town Board to authorize the Town Clerk to release the $500.00 held in escrow under PIP 2018-01 for the completion of topsoil, seeding and grading disturbed areas in the Armor Duells Sanitary Sewer Extension Project.
VI PUBLIC COMMENT ON NEW BUSINESS
VII NEW BUSINESS
- Town Board to approve E. Joseph Wehrfritz, Chief of Police, to attend the 2019 International Chiefs of Police Annual training conference to be held October 26 to 29, 2019. The money is in the budget.
- Town Board to appoint Rayne Degre to the position of “Full-time Election Inspector”, pay range 0010 under the White Collar Contract. His part-time hire date of January 1, 2019 is adopted as his anniversary date and his six month probationary period is waived.
- Town Board to approve the Town Justice Court Clerk to apply for a grant through he Justice Court Assistance Program, and authorize the Supervisor to sign the grant application.
- Town Board to appoint Jon Pierowicz to the Board of Assessment Review with a term to expire on September 30 2023.
- Town Board to create the position of “Fire Inspector” and appoint Tom Minor to the position of Fire Inspector at Range II, Step A.
- Town Board to refer the following to the Planning Board, Zoning Board and Conservation Board:
- V/L Michael Road, owned by Ross Cellino for Harvest Hill Golf Course, located on the north side of Michael Road, west of Transit Rd., Zoned R-2, request to construct a 12, 078 +/- sq.ft. Maintenance/Grounds Building. A Special Exception Use Permit was granted on 5/15/2019.
VIII BUSINESS FROM THE FLOOR
IX ELECTED OFFICIALS & DEPARTMENT MANAGERS
Supervisor Patrick J. Keem
Councilmember Eugene Majchrzak
Councilmember Michael Sherry
Town Clerk Remy Orffeo
Town Attorney John Bailey
Building Inspector Steve Bremer
Chief of Police Joe Wehrfritz
Highway Superintendent Fred Piasecki
Town Engineer Wayne Bieler
County & State Representatives
X APPROVAL OF BILLS Warrant #18
- Building Inspector’s August 2019 Report