Town Board Meeting
- This event has passed.
Town Board Meeting
April 3, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
I SUPERVISOR CALL TO ORDER
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Fire Safety Notification: “Fire exits are located at the rear of the board room and at the doorway to the left. If notified, please move in a calm and orderly fashion to the nearest exits”.
- If anyone appearing before the Town Board has a family, financial or business relationship with any member of the Board, it is incumbent upon that person to make it known under State Law and the Town Code of Ethics.
- Regular Town Board: March 20, 2019
- Executive Sessions: February 20, March 13 & 20, 2019
III PUBLIC COMMENT ON OLD BUSINESS
IV OLD BUSINESS
- Town Board to renew the following Conservation Easements on condition that the owners of the property comply with stated conditions within 90 days from the date of this resolution:
- CE File #19, 6807 Gartman Road; Kevin Brown, 9-Acres
- CE File #22, V/L Scherff Road; Rose & Patrick McCarthy, 10-Acres
- CE File #25, 5425 Chestnut Ridge Road; Robert M. Laurie, 25-Acres
- CE File #27, 7370 Milestrip Road; Peter & Rosemary Messina, Jr., 5-Acres
- CE File #28, 7360 Milestrip Road; Peter Messina, Sr., 5-Acres
- CE File #29, 6813 Chestnut Ridge Road; Geraldine Kozlowski, 7-Acres
- CE File #30, 7380 Milestrip Road; Russell & Lorraine Bieler, 5-Acres
- CE File #32, V/L Seufert Road; Darryl & Courtney Gonzalez, 10-Acres
- CE File #33, V/L Gartman Road; Dolores Zilliox, 23.45-Acres
- CE File #38, 6164 Bunting Road; Robert J. & Patti A. Woodward, 9-Acres
- CE File #42, 7245 Gartman Road; Wayne Bieler, 5-Acres
V PUBLIC COMMENT ON NEW BUSINESS
VI NEW BUSINESS
- Town Board to schedule a Public Hearing on April 17, 2019 for the approval of a Cable Television Agreement between Time Warner Cable Northeast LLC and the Town of Orchard Park.
- Town Board to schedule a Public Hearing on May 1, 2019 Amending Chapter 144 “Zoning”, Attachment 15 “Supplemental Height, Lot, Yard and Bulk Regulations”
- Town Board to schedule a Public Hearing on April 17, 2019 regarding a Local Law revising Chapter 66 “Flood Damage Prevention
- Town Board to schedule a bid opening for “Brush Collection” on the 11th day of April, 2019, bids to be submitted to the Town Clerk of the Town of Orchard Park on or before 11:00 A.M. (local time). Bid Packages will be available at the Orchard Park Highway Department.
- Town Board to authorize advertisement in the Orchard Park Bee for sealed bids to be opened for the Little Loop Football Field at Brush Mountain Park Project at 10:00am (local time) on April 29, 2019 in the Supervisor’s Conference Room at the Orchard Park Municipal Center.
- Town Board to authorize the Supervisor to sign the STOP DWI Contract between the Town of Orchard Park and Erie County STOP DWI Program for the term of January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017.
- Town Board to approve Stable permits for Hammersmith Farms, 6243 Benning Rd. and Bella Cavallo, 6263 Benning Rd.
- Town Board to appoint Fall/Winter Seasonal Part-time Recreation staff.
- Town Board to appoint Katherine Merkel to a part-time position in the Town Clerk’s office at a rate of $14.70 hr. effective April 1, 2019.
- Town Board to approve New Free Mulch Program utilizing Free Mulch Coupons for residents of Orchard Park. There is one coupon per resident that is good for the season as indicated on the coupon starting May 1, 2019. First Cubic Yard is free, second cubic yard is $7.50. The coupons will be available at the Town Clerk’s Office. Proof of Residency is required.
- Town Board to schedule a Public Hearing on May, 1, 2019 in the matter of a Special Exception Use Permit petitioned by Ross Cellino, to construct a 12,078 +/- Maintenance/Grounds Building for Harvest Hill Golf Course.
- Town Board to authorize Richard Mrugalski, Emergency Manager, to attend a one-day workshop on Active shooter to be held on April 11, 2019 at the Erie county Fairgrounds.
- Town Board to adopt the “Town of Orchard Park Personnel Policy Manual” as revised on December 5, 2019.
- Town Board to refer the following to the Planning Board, Zoning Board and Conservation Board:
- 5490 Lake Avenue. located on the north side of Lake Avenue. east of North Bennzing Road. Zoned R-3. M & N Property Management, Inc., requests to operate a convenience store with prepared food for sale, and offer rental space for a beauty salon. (SBL#152.113-2-14)
- 4109 N. Buffalo Road. located on the east side of N. Buffalo Road. south corner of Sunset Terrace. Zoned B-3. Requesting to construct an addition to the existing barn and a covered patio. (SBL#162.13-2-14)
- 3628 N. Buffalo. Road. located on the west side of N. Buffalo Road. south of Milestrip Road. Zoned B-3. Creative Remodeling Services, LLC is requesting to renovate and expand an existing 840-sq.ft. Residence into a 2,140 sq. ft. Office/Showroom for their business, and construct a 28-ft. x 50-ft. x 10-ft. pole-style building, and make exterior improvements. (SBL#161.08-2-29)
VII BUSINESS FROM THE FLOOR
VIII ELECTED OFFICIALS & DEPARTMENT MANAGERS
- Supervisor Patrick J. Keem
- Councilmember Eugene Majchrzak
- Councilmember Michael Sherry
- Town Clerk Remy Orffeo
- Town Attorney John Bailey
- Building Inspector Andrew Geist
- Acting Chief of Police E. Joe Wehrfritz
- Highway Superintendent Fred Piasecki
- Town Engineer Wayne Bieler
- Department Heads
- County & State Representatives
IX APPROVAL OF BILLS Warrant #7
- Building Inspector’s March Monthly Report