Town Board Meeting
- This event has passed.
Town Board Meeting
May 15 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
I SUPERVISOR CALL TO ORDER
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Fire Safety Notification: “Fire exits are located at the rear of the board room and at the doorway to the left. If notified, please move in a calm and orderly fashion to the nearest exits”.
- If anyone appearing before the Town Board has a family, financial or business relationship with any member of the Board, it is incumbent upon that person to make it known under State Law and the Town Code of Ethics.
- Regular Town Board: May 1, 2019
- Executive Sessions: May 1, 2019
III PUBLIC COMMENT ON OLD BUSINESS
IV OLD BUSINESS
- Town Board to approve the request of Ross Cellino for a Special Exception Use Permit for Harvest Hill Golf Course to build a 12,078 +/- Maintenances/Grounds Building based on the conditions and stipulations recommended by the Planning Board 5/9/19.
- The Town Board to grant Site Plan Approval and issue a Building Permit to Vastola Heating & Cooling, Inc. to construct a 7,000 sq.ft. addition to the existing retail building per the plans receive on 4/9/19 and based on the conditions and stipulations recommended by the Planning Board 5/9/19.
- Town Board to authorize the extension of Patrick J. McMaster in the positon of transition/training consultant as of May 7, 2019 at a rate of $28.50 per hour, not to exceed 60 days.
- Town Board approve Change Order #4 to our Contract with Numarco Inc. for the Community Activity Center Project, Plumbing Contract.
V PUBLIC COMMENT ON NEW BUSINESS
VI NEW BUSINESS
- Town Board does hereby receive and file the NYS Annual Update Document for the Town of Orchard Park, for the period beginning on January 1, 2018 and ending on December 31, 2018 which was compiled by Drescher & Malecki, LLP. It will be on file in the Town Clerk’s office
- Town Board to authorize advertisement for Position of Draftsman for the Orchard Park Engineering Department.
- Town Board to authorize advertisement in the Orchard Park Bee for the Brush Mountain Community Activity Center Little Loop Football Announcers Building Project.
- Town Board to remove a member from the Comprehensive Plan Implementation Committee.
- Town Board to appoint Seasonal staff to the Parks & Grounds Department: Alexander Melendez and Colton Wittle.
- Town Board to appoint Seasonal staff to the Parks & Grounds Department: Daniel Cheney, Alexander Freilicher, Mitchell Streety and Jason Carey.
- Town Board to approve a Special Events Permit for WNY Region Special Olympics/OPPD –Law Enforcement Torch Run for May 23, 2019. It will start and end at the Green Lake Rec. Building.
- Town Board to approve the following Block Party Permits for Pawtucket Park Food Trucks May 22 – Lloyd’s Taco Truck & Sassi Cakes, June 5 – Fat Bob’s Food Truck & Cheesecake Guy, June 19 – Coyote Café & Sweet Melody’s.
- Town Board to authorize advertisement in the Orchard Park Bee for site work for the installation of playground equipment in Pawtucket Park Playground.
- Town Board to renew a Building Permit for 2911 Southwestern Blvd., Buffalo Cigar. Original approve was October 14, 2015.
- Town Board to appoint members to the Trails Task Force Committee.
- Town Board to authorize the Supervisor to sign a three contract with Skylighters for the Fourth of July Fireworks.
- Town Board to refer the following to the Planning Board, Zoning Board and Conservation Board:
⦁ 2260 Southwestern Blvd, Salem’s Roofing & Siding, vacant land located on the south side of Southwestern Blvd., east of Angle Road, zoned B-2. F. J. Wailand Associates, Inc. is requesting to develop a multi-purpose Sports Complex, adjacent to the existing business upon 5.56 acres.
⦁ 3340 N. Benzing Road, Buffalo & Orchard Park Top Soil, Inc, Zoned I-1. Alan Huegal is seeking a Building Permit and Site Plan approval to re-build a building that was destroyed by fire using the same footprint. He is also seeking permission to erect a temporary structure to operate his business from.
VII BUSINESS FROM THE FLOOR
IX ELECTED OFFICIALS & DEPARTMENT MANAGERS
- Supervisor Patrick J. Keem
- Councilmember Eugene Majchrzak
- Councilmember Michael Sherry
- Town Clerk Remy Orffeo
- Town Attorney John Bailey
- Building Inspector Andrew Geist
- Acting Chief of Police Joseph Wehrfritz
- Highway Superintendent Fred Piasecki
- Town Engineer Wayne Bieler
- Department Heads
- County & State Representatives
X APPROVAL OF BILLS Warrant #10
⦁ 2018 Annual Report on the accomplishments and status of the work done by the Erie County Clerk’s office, Michael Kern, County Clerk.
⦁ Erie County Department of Senior Services & Center for Elder law and Justice are presenting “Elder Law Day” on June 6, 2019 which offers presentation on a variety of Topics.
⦁ New York Public Interest Research Group (NYPIRG) submitted their Outreach information for canvassing the Town of Orchard Park.
⦁ Director of Real Property Tax Services Petition and Notice of Foreclosure of Tax Liens by the County of Erie. The last day of Redemption is fixed as the 1st day of July 2019.
⦁ Building Inspectors April 2019 Monthly Report