Town Board Meeting
- This event has passed.
Town Board Meeting
February 19, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
I SUPERVISOR CALL TO ORDER
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Fire Safety Notification: “Fire exits are located at the rear of the board room and at the doorway to the left. If notified, please move in a calm and orderly fashion to the nearest exits”.
- If anyone appearing before the Town Board has a family, financial or business relationship with any member of the Board, it is incumbent upon that person to make it known under State Law and the Town Code of Ethics.
II MINUTES Regular Town Board: February 5, 2020
Executive Sessions: February 5, 2020
III PUBLIC COMMENT ON OLD BUSINESS
IV OLD BUSINESS
- Town Board to approve the final payment and authorize release of the remaining retention for the Burmon Drive Reconstruction Project to Zoladz Construction, and authorize the Town Clerk to release Zoladz Construction’s performance security in the amount of $2,945,704.38.
- Town Board to set a Public Hearing in the matter of a “Special Exception Use Permit” request for Proposed Mighty Taco Restaurant with a drive through at 3340-3350 Southwestern Blvd. for March 11, 2020 at 7:00 PM.
V PUBLIC COMMENT ON NEW BUSINESS
VI NEW BUSINESS
- Town Board to appoint a Community Activities Center Coordinator.
- Town Board to appoint Alexander Melendez to the Parks & Grounds Department, part-time, effective February 10, 2020 at a rate of $11.80 hr.
- Town Board to add Patrick J. Keem, Eugene Majchrzak, Edward A. Pace, John C. Pace, John C. Bailey Jorge S. deRosa and Lauren Kaczor to the corrected standard workday and reporting resolution for Elected and Appointed Officials to the New York State and Local Employees Retirement System based on the record of activities manifested and submitted by the Town Clerk.
- Town Board to approve Budget Amendment for the Community Activity, the Community Activity Council of OP has donated $7,123.07 to cover additional costs.
- Town Board to accept the resignation of Police Chief E. Joseph Wehrfritz from the Public Safety Committee and to appoint Captain Jason Schiedel to the Public Safety Committee.
- Town Board to accept the resignation of Police Chief E. Joseph Wehrfritz from the Youth Court Board and to appoint Captain Patrick Fitzgerald to the Youth Court Board.
- Town Board to approve a Budget Amendment for the repair of Senior Citizens Van 2020, in the amount of $2, 907.91.
- Town Board to approve a Budget Amendment for Highway Insurance Recoveries.
- Town Board to appoint Robert Benning to the Town Board of Ethics, with a term to expire December 31, 2023.
- Town Board to authorize Kathleen Swarbrick and Jennifer Brady, Deputy Town Clerks, attend the 38th Annual Town Clerks Conference in Albany, NY, April 26 – April 29, 2020, the money is in the budget.
- Town Board to refer the following to the Planning Board, Conservation Board and the Zoning Board of Appeals:
- 5200 Chestnut Ridge Road, Zoned “SR District” Orchard Heights is requesting to expand their existing facility with a 2 story, 32-Unit Independent Living Apartment Building with onsite utility improvements and additional parking spaces.
VII BUSINESS FROM THE FLOOR
VII ELECTED OFFICIALS & DEPARTMENT MANAGERS
Supervisor Patrick J. Keem
Councilmember Eugene Majchrzak
Councilmember Conor Flynn
Town Clerk Remy Orffeo
Town Attorney John Bailey
Building Inspector Steve Bremer
Chief of Police Joe Wehrfritz
Highway Superintendent Fred Piasecki
Town Engineer Wayne Bieler
County & State Representatives
IX APPROVAL OF BILLS Warrant #4
- Building Inspector’s Report for January 2020