Town Board Meeting
- This event has passed.
Town Board Meeting
June 5, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
I SUPERVISOR CALL TO ORDER
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Fire Safety Notification: “Fire exits are located at the rear of the board room and at the doorway to the left. If notified, please move in a calm and orderly fashion to the nearest exits”.
- If anyone appearing before the Town Board has a family, financial or business relationship with any member of the Board, it is incumbent upon that person to make it known under State Law and the Town Code of Ethics.
II MINUTES Regular Town Board: May 15, 2019
Executive Sessions: May 8, 13, 15 & 22, 2019
III SPECIAL PRESENTATION
|Senior Youth Court Awards
IV PUBLIC COMMENT ON OLD BUSINESS
V OLD BUSINESS
- Town Board to approve Change Order #5 to our contract with IPL Corp. Electrical Contract for the Brush Mountain Community Activity Center Project.
- Town Board to approve Change order #6 to our Contract with Javen Construction Inc. General Contract for the Brush Mountain Community Activity Center Project.
- Town Board to approve Change Order #2 to our Contract with Wm. T Spader Co. Fire Protection Contract for the Brush Mountain Community Activity Center Project.
- Town Board to approve vacation time for Steven Bremer, just appointed as Code Enforcement Officer on March 11, 2019.
VI PUBLIC COMMENT ON NEW BUSINESS
VII NEW BUSINESS
- Town Board to accept, with regret, the resignation of Garrett Haima from the IT Department.
- Town Board to approve the Special Events Permit for Eclipse Multisport to hold the Lindsey Mathews 5K for July 28, 2019. It will be held at the Orchard Park Soccer Complex.
- Town Board to approve a Block Party request for Shelly Molisani at 3 Highbrook Court, Orchard Park on June 22, 2019.
- Town Board to approve the Village of Orchard Park to hold the Ice Cream Social, July 26, 2019 and the Street Dance, July 27, 2019 on the Library grounds, and authorize the Supervisor to sign the form to grant permission to the Village to sell/serve alcoholic beverages at the street dance.
- Town Board to approve the request of the Village to display banners to promote the Ice Cream Social and Street Dance in front of the of the municipal building and at Steinwach’s Oak Grove beginning Monday July 8th.
- Town Board to approve the purchase of a new 2019 Ford pickup truck (4X4) from the New York State Bid, to replace an existing 2010 Ford F-150, the money is in the budget.
- Town Board to appoint Seasonal staff to Parks & Grounds.
- Town Board to appoint Seasonal staff to the Recreation Department.
- Town Board to appoint Seasonal staff to the Engineering Department through at least September.
- Town Board to authorize the Supervisor to sign an agreement with Bammel Architects to provide professional services for the Animal Control Building Reconstruction Project and Material Specification Section for the Orchard Park Highway Department.
- Town Board to award the contract for the 6900 Ward Road hydrant Replacement Project to Fairway Contracting.
- Town Board to set parameters for compensating its Chief of Police.
- Town Board to adopt SEQRA negative declaration for various bonding resolutions for multiple components including the repair, maintenance, and or replacement of existing utility improvements, roads, buildings, and facilities as well as installation of certain improvements.
- Town Board to adopt Bond Resolution ($110,000) to finance the reconstruction and renovations of various Municipal Buildings, and with Notice of Permissive Referendum.
- Town Board to adopt Bond Resolution ($320,000) to finance, the reconstruction and resurfacing of various highways and roads, including sidewalks, curbs, gutters drainage, landscaping, grading or improving the rights of way, and with Notice of Permissive Referendum.
- Town Board to adopt Bond Resolution ($1,424,000) to finance the reconstruction of the water supply/distribution system including repairs to the water tank and replacement of water lines, and with Notice of Permissive Referendum.
- Town Board to adopt Bond Resolution ($951,000) to finance the reconstruction and renovations of various parks, playgrounds and recreation areas, and with Notice of Permissive Referendum.
- Town Board to Bond Resolution ($2,410,000) to finance the construction of improvements to and reconstruction of the sanitary sewer system, and with Notice of Permissive Referendum.
VIII BUSINESS FROM THE FLOOR
IX ELECTED OFFICIALS & DEPARTMENT MANAGERS
Supervisor Patrick J. Keem
Councilmember Eugene Majchrzak
Councilmember Michael Sherry
Town Clerk Remy Orffeo
Town Attorney John Bailey
Building Inspector Steve Bremer
Acting Chief of Police Joe Wehrfritz
Highway Superintendent Fred Piasecki
Town Engineer Wayne Bieler
County & State Representatives
X APPROVAL OF BILLS Warrant #11
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event June 15, 2019 at ECC South Campus. Pre- Registration is required. Visit erie.gov/recycling or call 716-858-6800 to pre-register.
- Building Inspectors May 2019 Monthly Report