Town Board Meeting
- This event has passed.
Town Board Meeting
December 15, 2021 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
I DEPUTY SUPERVISOR CALL TO ORDER
Pledge of Allegiance
Fire Safety Notification: “Fire exits are located at the rear of the board room and at the doorway to the left. If notified, please move in a calm and orderly fashion to the nearest exits”.
If anyone appearing before the Town Board has a family, financial or business relationship with any member of the Board, it is incumbent upon that person to make it known under State Law and the Town Code of Ethics.
Regular Town Board: December 1, 2021
Executive Sessions: December 8, 2021
III PUBLIC HEARING
1. Public Hearing regarding Planning Board File #36-21 requesting a “Special Exception Use Permit” to operate a Child Care Facility at 3490 California Road, Zoned I-1.
2. Public Hearing regarding proposed Local Law regarding On-Site Consumption sites under NYS Cannabis Law Article 4.
IV PUBLIC COMMENT ON OLD BUSINESS
V OLD BUSINESS
1. Town Board to set a Public Hearing for the CARES ACT Program application for January 5, 2022 at the Orchard Park Municipal Building at 7:00PM.
2. Town Board to authorize the Town Attorney to proceed with dedication of the public improvements in the Smokes Creek Farms Subdivision under PIP #2021-01 and authorize the Town Clerk to release the performance security in the amount of $105,000.
VI PUBLIC COMMENT ON NEW BUSINESS
VII NEW BUSINESS
1. Town Board to approve the appointment of Catherine Block-Blaser to the position of Part time Court Clerk as a non-union hourly position effective December 1, 2021 at a rate of $15.00/hour.
2. Town board to approve the appointment of Sydney R. Wheeler to the position of Police Officer in the Orchard Park Police Department, Step A, effective December 27, 2021, at the salary of $75,032.00.
3. Town Board to approve appointment of Senior Engineer Assistant provisional with a six-month probation period and pending meeting all Civil service rules and regulations.
4. Town Board to authorize advertisement for Construction Inspector for the Engineering Department.
5. Town Board to authorize NYSEG to connect seven (7) L.E.D. Decorative Street Lights for Knoche Farms Phase 3 Subdivision PIP#2020-02 for the Consolidated Light District
6. Town Board to award contract to Union Concrete and Construction Corp for the Bussendorfer Road Drainage Phase 2 Project.
7. Town Board to adopt the Traffic Order authorizing the posting of a Stop sign on Edgewood Farm Lane at the intersection of Jewett Holmwood Rd.
8. Town Board to approve Site Plan approval and a building permit for P.B. File #09-2021, V/L Sterling Park, 235 Windward Road, located on the west side of Windward Road, Zoned I-1
as recommended by the Planning Board on 12/9/21with stipulations.
9. Town Board to grant an Outside Display Permit for “A Drive-Through COVID Testing Site” for P.B. File # 41-2021, 3856 Southwestern Boulevard, located west of Abbot Road with entrance and exit on the south side of Sheldon Road, Zoned B-2. (SBL # 161.09-4-9.1) as recommended by the Planning Board on 12/9/21with stipulations.
10. Town Board to adopt a SEQRA resolution for various bonding resolutions for multiple components including the repair, maintenance, and or replacement of existing utility improvements, roads, highways, buildings, street lighting, drainage, as well as installation of certain improvements.
11. Town Board to adopt a Bond Resolution ($9,607,000) to finance the construction and reconstruction of certain Drainage, Highway, Watermain and Sanitary Sewer Replacements/Improvements together with (a) Notice of Permissive Referendum and (b) Estoppel/Legal Notice.
12. Town Board to adopt a Bond Resolution ($6,050,000) to finance, the reconstruction and resurfacing of various highways, roads and street lighting & improvements, together with (a) Notice of Permissive Referendum and (b) Estoppel/Legal Notice.
13. Town Board to adopt a Bond Resolution ($1,482,000) to finance the reconstruction of the water supply/distribution system including water lines and improvements together with (a) Notice of Permissive Referendum and (b) Estoppel/Legal Notice.
14. Town Board to adopt a Bond Resolution ($550,000) to finance the reconstruction of a Town Wide Drainage System and together with (a) Notice of Permissive Referendum and (b) Estoppel/Legal Notice.
15. Town Board to adopt a Bond Resolution ($1,525,000) to finance the construction of improvements to and reconstruction of the sanitary sewer system, and together with (a) Notice of Permissive Referendum and (b) Estoppel/Legal Notice.
VIII BUSINESS FROM THE FLOOR
IX ELECTED OFFICIALS & DEPARTMENT MANAGERS
Deputy Supervisor Joseph Liberti
Councilmember Eugene Majchrzak
Councilmember Conor Flynn
Town Clerk Remy Orffeo
Town Attorney Timothy Gallagher
Building Inspector Steve Bremer
Chief of Police Joe Wehrfritz
Highway Superintendent Andrew Slotman
Town Engineer Wayne Bieler
Director of Recreation, Parks & Forestry Ed Leak
County & State Representatives
X APPROVAL OF BILLS
- Warrant #24
• November 2021 Building Inspector’s Report
• Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals Annual Training Report