Work Session & Town Board Meeting
- This event has passed.
Work Session & Town Board Meeting
February 2, 2022 @ 6:00 pm
The Work Session will begin at 6pm. The Town Board meeting to follow 10 minutes after close of the Work Session
I SUPERVISOR CALL TO ORDER
Pledge of Allegiance
Fire Safety Notification: “Fire exits are located at the rear of the board room and at the doorway to the left. If notified, please move in a calm and orderly fashion to the nearest exits”.
If anyone appearing before the Town Board has a family, financial or business relationship with any member of the Board, it is incumbent upon that person to make it known under State Law and the Town Code of Ethics.
Regular Town Board: January 19, 2022
Executive Sessions: January 19 & 26, 2022
Chief of Police’s Letter of Commendation
III PUBLIC COMMENT ON OLD BUSINESS
IV OLD BUSINESS
1. Town Board to authorize the Town Clerk to release $35,000.00 held in escrow under PIP 2021-01 for street lighting in the Smokes Creek Farm Subdivision to Thomas Johnson Land Development LLC.
V PUBLIC COMMENT ON NEW BUSINESS
VI NEW BUSINESS
1. Town Board to promote Captain and Acting Chief of Police Patrick Fitzgerald to Chief of Police effective February 2, 2022.
2. Town Board to appoint Former Chief of Police Eugene J. Wehrfritz to the position of transition/training consultant, at an hourly rate of pay as defined in step K of the Police Department pay schedule. This will be effective February 2, 2022.
3. Town Board to appoint Lynn Graham to the Community Activities Center as Non-union, Part Time, Group 9, with an hourly pay rate of $14.50. The effective date will be January 24, 2022.
4. Town Board to appoint Ethan Wood to the Community Activities Center as Non-Union, Part Time, Group 9, with an hourly pay rate of $14.50. The effective date will be January 31, 2022.
5. Town Board to schedule a Public Hearing regarding amending a Local Law concerning Snow and Ice Removal for February 16, 2022 at the Orchard Park Municipal Center.
6. Town Board to authorize the Supervisor to sign the Erie County, New York Inter-Municipal Highway Shared Services Agreement.
7. Town Board to refer the following items to the Planning Board for review & recommendation:
• V/L Lake Avenue, located on the south side of Lake Avenue, between #6007 & 5971 Lake Avenue, Zoned I-1. Paul Reamsnyder is seeking to have this property rezoned from I-1 to R-3. (SBL# 152.15-1-16)
• 3678 Southwestern Blvd, located on the north side of Southwestern Blvd, to the west of U.S. Route 219, Zoned I-1. Octavius Storage LLC is proposing to demolish an existing building in order to develop storage units and an office building. (SBL# 161.06-2-15)
• 7370 Milestrip Road, request for Conservation Board review and approval of a 5.5-Acre +/- Conservation Easement renewal request, Zoned R-1. Applicant would like to extend Easement to “Perpetuity”. (SBL#153.19-1-20)
VII BUSINESS FROM THE FLOOR
VIII ELECTED OFFICIALS & DEPARTMENT MANAGERS
Supervisor Eugene Majchrzak
Councilmember Conor Flynn
Councilmember Scott Honer
Councilmember Joseph Liberti
Councilmember Julia Mombrea
Deputy Town Clerk Jennifer Brady
Town Attorney Tim Gallagher
Building Inspector Steve Bremer
Acting Chief of Police Patrick Fitzgerald
Highway Superintendent Andrew Slotman
Town Engineer Wayne Bieler
County & State Representatives
Director of Recreation, Parks & Forestry Ed Leak
IX APPROVAL OF BILLS
Town Board Agenda Download (Click Here)
Town of Orchard Park Recorded Work Session/Board Meeting (Click Here)
Supporting Documents Download (Click Here)