Town Board Meeting
- This event has passed.
Town Board Meeting
July 17, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
I SUPERVISOR CALL TO ORDER
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Fire Safety Notification: “Fire exits are located at the rear of the board room and at the doorway to the left. If notified, please move in a calm and orderly fashion to the nearest exits”.
- If anyone appearing before the Town Board has a family, financial or business relationship with any member of the Board, it is incumbent upon that person to make it known under State Law and the Town Code of Ethics.
II MINUTES Regular Town Board: July 3, 2019
Executive Sessions: June 26 & July 3 & 10, 2019
III PUBLIC COMMENT ON OLD BUSINESS
IV OLD BUSINESS
- Town Board to authorize the extension of Patrick J. McMaster to the positon of transition/training consultant as of July 7, 2019, not to exceed 60 days.
- Town Board to Grant Site Plan Approval and a Building Permit for 2911 Southwestern Blvd. with conditions and stipulations, as recommended by the Planning Board.
V PUBLIC COMMENT ON NEW BUSINESS
VI NEW BUSINESS
- Town Board to adopt the Office Closing Due to Weather Events policy.
- Town Board to appoint 2019 Summer Seasonal Recreation staff.
- Town Board to approve Block Party Permits for August 3, 2019 at Dennis Road and August 17, 2019 at Sonnet Drive.
- Town Board to authorize the Supervisor to sign agreement with Alpha Analytical for professional services for the chemical testing of Green Lake Water.
- Town Board to authorize the Supervisor to sign the commitment letter to participate in the Western New York Storm Water Coalition Vac Truck Project with Round 16 of the NYSDEC Water Quality Improvement Grant.
- Town Board to make a determination regarding the request for Non-Conforming Use of 3340 North Benzing Road.
- Town Board to set a Public Hearing for August 7, 2019 for proposed 2019 Local Law #5 to prohibit drive-through windows in the North/South Buffalo architectural overlay district.
- Town Board to address the employment needs in the Assessor’s office by: 1) Promote Nancy Kenlon to the post of Assistant to the Assessor, effective July 8, 2019, 2) Retain GAR Associates LLC as Real Estate Appraisers and Consultants and 3) hire a part-time seasonal clerk effective July 13, 2019.
- Town Board, with the reorganization of the Orchard Park Police Command structure, to promote Lt. Patrick Fitzgerald to the position of Administrative Captain (probationary) effective July 19, 2019.
- Town Board, with the reorganization of the Orchard Park Police Command structure, to promote Lt. Jason Schiedel to the position of Patrol Captain (probationary) effective July 18, 2019.
- Town Board to authorize the Supervisor to sign a one year agreement with J. O’Connell & Associates, Inc. Grant Consultants, for professional services for a sum of $3,500.00.
VII BUSINESS FROM THE FLOOR
VIII ELECTED OFFICIALS & DEPARTMENT MANAGERS
Supervisor Patrick J. Keem
Councilmember Eugene Majchrzak
Councilmember Michael Sherry
Town Clerk Remy Orffeo
Town Attorney John Bailey
Building Inspector Steve Bremer
Chief of Police Joe Wehrfritz
Highway Superintendent Fred Piasecki
Town Engineer Wayne Bieler
County & State Representatives
IX APPROVAL OF BILLS Warrant #14