Town Board Meeting
- This event has passed.
Town Board Meeting
August 7 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
I SUPERVISOR CALL TO ORDER
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Fire Safety Notification: “Fire exits are located at the rear of the board room and at the doorway to the left. If notified, please move in a calm and orderly fashion to the nearest exits”.
- If anyone appearing before the Town Board has a family, financial or business relationship with any member of the Board, it is incumbent upon that person to make it known under State Law and the Town Code of Ethics.
II MINUTES Regular Town Board: July 17, 2019
Executive Sessions: July 17, & 31, 2019
III PUBLIC HEARING
Proposed Local Law 5-2019 North Buffalo, South Buffalo, Ellicott Rd. Architectural Overlay Dist.
IV PUBLIC COMMENT ON OLD BUSINESS
V OLD BUSINESS
- Town Board to approve Change Order #9 to our Contract with Javen Construction Inc., General Contractor for the Community Activity Center Project
- The Town Board to declare the Sewer, Water & Lighting Department’s 2013 Ford F150 Pickup as surplus.
VI PUBLIC COMMENT ON NEW BUSINESS
VII NEW BUSINESS
- Town Board to appoint Charles Walden to the position of Assistant IT Network Administrator effective August 5, 2019, Range Group 3, non-union, at a rate of $26.44/hour.
- Town Board to approve the promotion of Police Officer John Mariano to the position of Patrol Lieutenant (probationary) with pay and benefits as set out in the PBA Collective Bargaining Agreement, to take effect August 12, 2019 at 12:00 AM.
- Town Board to approve the promotion of Police Officer Daniel Lagoda to the position of Patrol Lieutenant (probationary) with pay and benefits as set out in the PBA Collective Bargaining Agreement, to take effect August 10, 2019 at 12:00 AM.
- Town Board to approve the promotion of Police Officer Daniel Honer to the position of Patrol Lieutenant (probationary) with Pay and benefits as set out in the PBA Collective Bargaining Agreement, to take effect August 11, 2019 at 12:00 AM.
- Town Board to authorize Milton Bradshaw, Town Assessor, and Nancy Kenlon, Assistant to the Assessor, to attend the NYSSA Fall Conference from September 22, to 29, 2019 in Lake Placid, NY. The estimated cost for the Assessor is $1,500.00 and Nancy Kenlon won a scholarship with all expenses paid by NYSSA.
- Town Board to approve a Special Event Permit for the OP High School Pep Club to hold their 2019 Homecoming Parade on September 28, 2019, pending payment, and the Certificate of Liability has been received.
- Town Board to approve a Block Party Permit for August 24, 2019 at Regalwood Drive.
- Town Board to schedule a Public Hearing on September 4, 2019 for a Conservation Easement requested by Kevin Brown at 6807 Gartman Road.
- Town Board to approve a Building Permit for 310 Sterling Drive to increase parking, as recommended by the Conservation Board.
- Town Board to authorize a Budget Amendment for CHIPS (Consolidated Highway Improvement Program) Funding adjustment.
- Town Board to authorize a Budget Transfer for an upgrade to the Access Control System.
- Town Board to approve Town Contribution related to SAM Grant #17089, Installation of Concrete Box Culvert.
- Town Board to appoint Rose Messina as secretary to the Ethics Board with a term to end December 31, 2019.
VIII BUSINESS FROM THE FLOOR
IX ELECTED OFFICIALS & DEPARTMENT MANAGERS
Supervisor Patrick J. Keem Budget Transfer – Town Justice
Councilmember Eugene Majchrzak
Councilmember Michael Sherry
Town Clerk Remy Orffeo
Town Attorney John Bailey
Building Inspector Steve Bremer
Chief of Police Joe Wehrfritz
Highway Superintendent Fred Piasecki
Town Engineer Wayne Bieler
County & State Representatives
X APPROVAL OF BILLS Warrant #15
- NYS Dept. of Public Service letter announcing a Public Statement Hearings to gather public input regarding NYSEG & RG&E requesting increases in the electric and gas rates
- Building Inspectors July Monthly Report