Town Board Meeting
- This event has passed.
Town Board Meeting
August 21, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
I SUPERVISOR CALL TO ORDER
Pledge of Allegiance
Fire Safety Notification: “Fire exits are located at the rear of the board room and at the doorway to the left. If notified, please move in a calm and orderly fashion to the nearest exits”.
If anyone appearing before the Town Board has a family, financial or business relationship with any member of the Board, it is incumbent upon that person to make it known under State Law and the Town Code of Ethics.
II MINUTES Regular Town Board: August 7, 2019
Executive Sessions: August 7, 2019
III PUBLIC COMMENT ON OLD BUSINESS
IV OLD BUSINESS
1. Town Board to schedule a Public Hearing on September 18, 2019 for Conservation Easement Renewal requests for 6900 Ward Road, V/L Scherff Rd and 6813 Chestnut Ridge Road.
V PUBLIC COMMENT ON NEW BUSINESS
VI NEW BUSINESS
2. Town Board to schedule a Public Hearing on September 18, 2019 for proposed Local Law 2019-6 Override the Tax Levy limit established in General Municipal Law Sec 3-c.
3. Town Board to authorize a Block Party request for 14 Knob Hill Road for August 31, 2019.
4. Town Board to approve a four way stop sign at California Road and Duerr Road.
5. Town Board to approve one additional Lieutenant’s position and one additional Captain’s position for the Orchard Park Police Department.
6. Town Board to appoint Officer John E. Star to the position of Police Officer in the Orchard Park Police Department effective September 2, 2019.
7. Town Board to appoint Officer James Mazur to the position of Detective (Probationary) in the Orchard Park Police Department effective August 24, 2019.
8. Town Board to authorize the Supervisor to negotiate and execute an agreement to accommodate the sharing of animal control facilities while each of the Town of Orchard Park and the Town of West Seneca animal control facilities are renovated.
9. Town Board to approve the hiring of Dawn Wahlen as Payroll Clerk for the Town of Orchard Park.
10. Town Board to appoint 2019/2020 Fall/Winter/Spring Seasonal Part-time Recreation staff.
11. Town Board to authorize the Supervisor to sign an agreement with Prentice Office Environments for professional services for the Interior Furnishing and Equipment Planning for the Brush Mountain Community Activity Center.
12. Town Board to authorize the retroactive wage increase for six non-union members of the Highway/Compost Department.
13. Town Board to authorize a budget amendment of the 2019 adopted budget for additional appropriations and estimated revenues in the amount of $50,000.
14. Town Board to authorize Jordan Kellerman and Richard Mrugalski to attend a two and one half day training for Prepared Jurisdiction: Integrated Response to Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, or Explosive (CBRNE) Incident to be held on August 27-29, 2019 at Erie County Fire Training Academy in Cheektowaga. There is no cost for this training.
VII BUSINESS FROM THE FLOOR
VIII ELECTED OFFICIALS & DEPARTMENT MANAGERS
Supervisor Patrick J. Keem Budget Transfer – Town Justice
Councilmember Eugene Majchrzak
Councilmember Michael Sherry
Town Clerk Remy Orffeo
Town Attorney John Bailey
Building Inspector Steve Bremer
Chief of Police Joe Wehrfritz
Highway Superintendent Fred Piasecki
Town Engineer Wayne Bieler
County & State Representatives
IX APPROVAL OF BILLS Warrant #16