Work Session & Town Board Meeting
- This event has passed.
Work Session & Town Board Meeting
October 5 @ 6:00 pm
I SUPERVISOR CALL TO ORDER
Pledge of Allegiance
Fire Safety Notification: “Fire exits are located at the rear of the board room and at the doorway to the left. If notified, please move in a calm and orderly fashion to the nearest exits”.
If anyone appearing before the Town Board has a family, financial or business relationship with any member of the Board, it is incumbent upon that person to make it known under State Law and the Town Code of Ethics.
II MINUTES Regular Town Board: September 21, 2022
Special Session: September 28, 2022
III PUBLIC HEARING
1. Public Hearing regarding the proposed local law amending Chapter 144-22 Yard Regulations.
2. Public Hearing regarding the Establishment and Creation of OPDD 5-2 for the Orchard Meadows Subdivision Part 8.
IV PUBLIC COMMENT ON OLD BUSINESS *4 minute time limit per resident*
V OLD BUSINESS
1. Town Board to authorize the release of Performance Bonds to Millherst Construction for the Terminated Bussendorfer Milling and Paving Project.
2. Town Board to authorize the Town Clerk to release $10,000 held in escrow under PIP 2021-01 for Type E and Type C monuments placements in the Smokes Creek Farms 22-Sublot Subdivision PIP #2021-01.
VI PUBLIC COMMENT ON NEW BUSINESS *4 minute time limit per resident*
VII NEW BUSINESS
1. Town Board to authorize the Supervisor, Town Attorney and Town Engineer to execute (all necessary) contract items for the Bridge NY Culvert Local Project Agreement — Dennis Road over East Tributary to South Branch of Smokes Creek.
2. Town Board to authorize the Town of Orchard Park to pay for the upfront costs of the Bridge NY Culvert Local Project Agreement. Also, if any overages occur, the Town will convene its Board to appropriate the excess amount immediately upon notification by the NYSDOT.
3. Town Board to complete the resolution with all required information for approval by the NYS Office of the State Comptroller for the Bridge NY Culvert Local Project Agreement.
4. Town Board to authorize the purchase of Diamond Maps software for the Orchard Park Highway, Engineering, Building Departments and Special Districts.
5. Town Board to authorize the Supervisor to sign agreement with Troy & Banks Utility and Telecommunications to conduct an audit or survey of the Towns gas, electric, telecommunications and water/ sewer utility service accounts.
6. Town Board to approve the appointment of a Police Officer to the Orchard Park Police Department.
7. Town Board to approve the appointment of part-time 2022 Fall Staff to the Recreation Department.
8. Town Board to approve the appointment of a part-time employee to the Maintenance Department.
9. Town Board to approve the appointment of a part-time employee to the Assessor’s Office.
10. Town Board to approve the appointment of a full-time employee to the Highway Department.
11. Town Board to approve Special Event Permit for Dick’s Sporting Goods.
12. Town Board to approve the application for funding from the Justice Court Assistance Program.
13. Town Board to refer the following to the Planning Board and Conservation Board:
• V/L Windward Rd, located at the northwest corner of Windward Road in the Sterling Business Park. Applicant is requesting to construct a 32,000 gross square foot, two story, New York State Beer Project. This project obtained a Special Use Exemption Permit in 2020. (SBL# 152.14-5-1.2)
VIII BUSINESS FROM THE FLOOR *4 minute time limit per resident*
IX ELECTED OFFICIALS & DEPARTMENT MANAGERS
Supervisor Eugene Majchrzak
Councilmember Conor Flynn
Councilmember Scott Honer
Councilmember Joseph Liberti
Councilmember Julia Mombrea
Town Clerk Remy Orffeo
Town Attorney Tim Gallagher
Building Inspector Steve Bremer
Chief of Police Patrick Fitzgerald
Director of Recreation, Parks & Forestry Ed Leak
Highway Superintendent Andrew Slotman
Town Engineer Wayne Bieler
County & State Representatives
X APPROVAL OF BILLS Warrant #19
• August 2022 Building Inspector’s Report