Work Session & Town Board Meeting
- This event has passed.
Work Session & Town Board Meeting
March 16 @ 6:00 pm
The Work Session will begin at 6pm. The Town Board meeting to follow 10 minutes after close of the Work Session
I SUPERVISOR CALL TO ORDER
Pledge of Allegiance
Fire Safety Notification: “Fire exits are located at the rear of the board room and at the doorway to the left. If notified, please move in a calm and orderly fashion to the nearest exits”.
If anyone appearing before the Town Board has a family, financial or business relationship with any member of the Board, it is incumbent upon that person to make it known under State Law and the Town Code of Ethics.
Regular Town Board: March 2, 2022
Executive Sessions: March 2 & 9, 2022
III PUBLIC HEARING
1. Public Hearing regarding proposed rezoning of V/L, Lake Ave., located between 6007 and 5971 Lake Ave. (SBL# 152.15-1-16) from I-1 to R-3, for the purpose of creating a usable parcel, as petitioned by Paul Reamsnyder of The Spectrum Team.
IV PUBLIC COMMENT ON OLD BUSINESS
V OLD BUSINESS
1. Town Board to amend clerical errors in the minutes from February 16, 2022.
IV PUBLIC COMMENT ON NEW BUSINESS
VII NEW BUSINESS
1. Town Board to authorize Assistant Emergency Manager Jordan Kellerman to attend a three-day course on Intermediate Incident Command System (ICS) for Expanding Incidents (I-300) to be held on March 22, 23 & 24, 2022 at the Erie County Fire Training Academy in Cheektowaga.
2. Town Board to approve Daniel Couch to be an alternate for the Conservation Board.
3. Town Board does hereby promote Police Officer Michael S. Mackey to the Position of Patrol Lieutenant, (probationary) effective March 19, 2022, with a rate of pay as defined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement as recommended by the Chief of Police.
4. Town Board to approve the promotion of Christopher Kuhnle to a Working Crew Chief upon the recommendation of the Highway Superintendent.
5. Town Board to appoint Linda Rankin to the position of Assistant to the Senior Director of the Community Activity Center.
6. Town Board to appoint Margaret Sanna to the position of Part-time Receptionist at the Community Activity Center.
7. Town Board to authorize the Supervisor to sign an Agreement with Aqua Tech Environmental Inc. for Pond/Lake Management, Maintenance, Non-Pesticide Aquatic Vegetation Control and Fish Stocking.
8. Town Board to accept the map, plan and report in accordance with Section 191 of the Town Law for the establishment of the Orchard Park drainage district OPDD 1-4 for Old Transit Road Subdivision.
9. Town Board to adopt an Order calling for a Public Hearing regarding the creation of Orchard Park Drainage District OPDD 1-4 for Old Transit Road Subdivision for April 6, 2022 at 7:00 at the Orchard Park Municipal Center.
10. Town Board to authorize the Supervisor to sign an Agreement with SJB Services Inc. to provide pavement cores & soil borings for the Lakeview Ave., Eaglebrook Drive, Brimfield & The Green, Elmtree & Dorchester Rd. Reconstruction Projects in an amount not to exceed $10,400.00.
11. Town Board to authorize the United States Department of Agriculture property access to trap for invasive pests, the European Cherry Fruit Fly (ECFF) and the Box Tree Moth (BTM), on Town owned sections of Orchard Park.
12. Town Board to approve Final Payment Release of Retention to Industrial Power & Lighting Inc. for the Brush Mountain Community Activity Center Project.
13. Town Board to approve Budget Transfer for Green Lake Boat Dock Replacement.
14. Town Board to consider a Budget Transfer for the Green Lake Splash Pad – Surface Replacement Project.
15. Town Board to consider the contract for the Green Lake Splash Pad – Surface replacement Project to Inside Edge Safety Surfaces.
16. Town Board to refer the following to the Planning and Conservation Boards for review and recommendation:
• V/ L Sterling Drive, approximately 1.62-acres. located on the west side of Sterling Drive. Zoned I-I. Alliance Homes is requesting a Building Permit and Site Plan approval to construct a 5,340 SF +/- office building with driveway access and a 22-space parking lot. (SBL#152.19-1-30)
VIII BUSINESS FROM THE FLOOR
IX ELECTED OFFICIALS & DEPARTMENT MANAGERS
Supervisor Eugene Majchrzak
Councilmember Conor Flynn
Councilmember Scott Honer
Councilmember Joseph Liberti
Councilmember Julia Mombrea
Town Clerk Remy Orffeo
Town Attorney Tim Gallagher
Building Inspector Steve Bremer
Chief of Police Patrick Fitzgerald
Director of Recreation, Parks & Forestry Ed Leak
Highway Superintendent Andrew Slotman
Town Engineer Wayne Bieler
County & State Representatives
X APPROVAL OF BILLS