Work Session & Town Board Meeting
- This event has passed.
Work Session & Town Board Meeting
April 6, 2022 @ 6:00 pm
The Work Session will begin at 6pm. The Town Board meeting to follow 10 minutes after close of the Work Session
I SUPERVISOR CALL TO ORDER
Pledge of Allegiance
Fire Safety Notification: “Fire exits are located at the rear of the board room and at the doorway to the left. If notified, please move in a calm and orderly fashion to the nearest exits”.
If anyone appearing before the Town Board has a family, financial or business relationship with any member of the Board, it is incumbent upon that person to make it known under State Law and the Town Code of Ethics.
Regular Town Board: March 16, 2022
Executive Sessions: March 16 & 23, 2022
III PUBLIC HEARING
1. Proposed Local Law 2022-02 regarding Amending Chapter 144 § ZONING 144-18 Adult Uses
2. Conservation Easement Extension for Peter A. Messina Jr. & Rosemary M. Messina regarding 7370 Milestrip Road , Orchard Park, NY 14127 SBL #153.19-1-20
3. Establish the creation of the Town Drainage District OPDD 1-4 for the Old Transit Subdivision
IV PUBLIC COMMENT ON OLD BUSINESS
V OLD BUSINESS
1. Town Board to revisit the Public Hearing from March 16, 2022 regarding rezoning V/L, Lake Ave. located between 6007 and 5971 Lake Ave, SBL #152.15-1-16.
IV PUBLIC COMMENT ON NEW BUSINESS
VII NEW BUSINESS
1. Town Board to approve Special Event Walk for Cystic Fibrosis Foundation to be held May 14, 2022.
2. Town Board to schedule a public hearing for May 4, 2022 at 7:00PM regarding a no smoking/vaping law in the parks of Orchard Park.
3. Town Board to schedule a Public Hearing for May 4, 2022 at 7:00PM regarding lot coverage in R1 and R2 zones.
4. Town Board to authorize the use of a meeting room at the Community Activity Center for 30-40 people for a pavement maintenance assessment training program.
5. Town Board to approve work order #4 for the CIPP Rehabilitation contract with United Survey, Inc. not to exceed $409,286.50.
6. Town Board to Authorize the Supervisor to sign the New York State Department of Conservation SPDES (#NYR20A137) General Permit #GP-0-10-002, for MS4s. Municipal Compliance Certification.
7. Town Board to schedule a Public information meeting for Wednesday May 18, 2022 at 7:00PM to receive public comment on the draft Stormwater Phase II annual report.
8. Town Board to award bid for 5033 Ellicott Road hydrant replacement.
9. Town Board to award bid for 5112 Bussendorfer Road hydrant replacement.
10. Town Board to approve the Building Department to purchase a 2022 Ford Escape.
11. Town Board to authorize the Supervisor to sign the 2022 Parks & Grounds Agreement with Orchard Park Little Loop Football.
12. Town Board to approve the appointments of the 2022 Recreation Department’s Part Time Summer staff.
13. Town Board to approve the appointment of Public Safety Dispatcher Christian Trigilio to the position of temporary IT Support.
14. Town Board to appoint Shane M. Rogers to the position of Police Officer in the Orchard Park Police Department effective April 7, 2022.
15. Town Board to promote Police Officer Darryl A. Purucker to the position of Detective (probationary) effective April 9, 2022.
16. Town Board to appoint Brian O’Connor to the position of Blue Collar Laborer for the Sewer, Water and Lighting Department effective April 18, 2022 at an hourly payrate of $22.00.
17. Town Board to appoint Dave Helwig to the position of Seasonal Compost employee effective April 11, 2022 at an hourly pay rate of $21.15.
18. Town Board to approve the Police Budget Amendment for proceeds from the sale of shell casing recycling.
19. Town Board to refer the following to the Planning & Conservation Boards for review & recommendation:
• 5378 Big Tree Road, located on the north side of Big Tree Road, west of California Road, Zoned R-3 and R-4. Applicant is requesting a Permit to operate a Short Term Rental at this location. (SBL#161.17-6-5)
VIII BUSINESS FROM THE FLOOR
IX ELECTED OFFICIALS & DEPARTMENT MANAGERS
Supervisor Eugene Majchrzak
Councilmember Conor Flynn
Councilmember Scott Honer
Councilmember Joseph Liberti
Councilmember Julia Mombrea
Town Clerk Remy Orffeo
Town Attorney Tim Gallagher
Building Inspector Steve Bremer
Chief of Police Patrick Fitzgerald
Director of Recreation, Parks & Forestry Ed Leak
Highway Superintendent Andrew Slotman
Town Engineer Wayne Bieler
County & State Representatives
X APPROVAL OF BILLS