Work Session & Town Board Meeting
- This event has passed.
Work Session & Town Board Meeting
February 16, 2022 @ 6:00 pm
The Work Session will begin at 6pm. The Town Board meeting to follow 10 minutes after close of the Work Session
SUPERVISOR CALL TO ORDER
Pledge of Allegiance
Fire Safety Notification: “Fire exits are located at the rear of the board room and at the doorway to the left. If notified, please move in a calm and orderly fashion to the nearest exits”.
If anyone appearing before the Town Board has a family, financial or business relationship with any member of the Board, it is incumbent upon that person to make it known under State Law and the Town Code of Ethics.
Regular Town Board: February 2, 2022
Executive Sessions: February 2 & 9, 2022
III PUBLIC HEARING
1. Public Hearing regarding Proposed Local Law 2022-01 Snow and Ice Removal amending §120-5.1
IV PUBLIC COMMENT ON OLD BUSINESS
V OLD BUSINESS
1. Town Board to authorize the Town Attorney to proceed with dedication of the public improvements in the Pleasant Acres West Subdivision Part 3 Phase 2 & Part 4 Phase 1-4 constructed under PIP #2020-04 and authorize the Town Clerk to release the performance security in the amount of $65,000.
2. Town Board to authorize NYSEG to connect four (4) L.E.D. Decorative Street Lights in the Pleasant Acres West Subdivision — Part 3 Phase 2 & Part 4, PIP #2020-04.
3. Town Board to authorize NYSEG to connect eight (8) L.E.D. Decorative Street Lights in the Smokes Creek Subdivision —PIP #2021-01.
IV PUBLIC COMMENT ON NEW BUSINESS
VII NEW BUSINESS
1. Town Board to approve Recreation Department part-time appointments for 2022 effective February 17, 2022.
2. Town Board to approve the appointment of Senior Engineer Assistant provisional with a six-month probation period and pending meeting all Civil Service rules and regulations.
3. Town Board to approve the appointment of Maria Galley to the position of Senior Center Director effective January 17, 2022.
4. Town Board to approve the Highway Department appointment of Ryan M. McCarthy to the position of Blue Collar Laborer effective February 28, 2022.
5. Town Board to accept the resignation of Thomas Roward from the Orchard Park Recreation Commission effective immediately.
6. Town Board to refer the following to the Planning Board for review:
• 260 Redtail Road, Located on the west side of Redtail Road, south of Windward Road, Zoned I-1. The applicant is proposing an addition and parking lot expansion to Excelsior Orthopedics. (SBL# 152.18-2-4)
7. Town Board to schedule a Public Hearing for March 16, 2022 at 7:00PM regarding a rezoning request from I-1 to R-3 for V/L, Lake Ave., located between 6007 and 5971 Lake Avenue (SBL #152.15-1-16) with stipulations.
8. Town Board to approve the presented Site Plan and authorize a building permit for 6131 Newton Road, located at 6131 Newton Road, located on the north side of Newton Road, near Burton Road, Zoned A-1. (SBL #184.00-4-13.121) “Holy Face Chapel”, with stipulations.
9. Town Board to approve a “Change in Use” request for 6145 West Quaker Street, located on the south side of West Quaker Street, East of Thorn Avenue, Zoned B-2 with stipulations.
VIII BUSINESS FROM THE FLOOR
IX ELECTED OFFICIALS & DEPARTMENT MANAGERS
Supervisor Eugene Majchrzak
Councilmember Conor Flynn
Councilmember Scott Honer
Councilmember Joseph Liberti
Councilmember Julia Mombrea
Deputy Town Clerk Jennifer Brady
Town Attorney Tim Gallagher
Building Inspector Steve Bremer
Chief of Police Patrick Fitzgerald
Director of Recreation, Parks & Forestry Ed Leak
Highway Superintendent Andrew Slotman
Town Engineer Wayne Bieler
County & State Representatives
X APPROVAL OF BILLS
• 2022 Conservation Tree & Shrub Seedling Program
• Building Inspector’s Report for January 2022
Town Board Agenda Download (Click Here)
Town of Orchard Park Recorded Work Session/Board Meeting (Click Here)
Supporting Documents (Click Here)