Work Session & Town Board Meeting
- This event has passed.
Work Session & Town Board Meeting
February 7 @ 6:00 pm
The Work Session will begin at 6pm. The Town Board meeting to follow 10 minutes after close of the Work Session
I SUPERVISOR CALL TO ORDER
Pledge of Allegiance
Fire Safety Notification: “Fire exits are located at the rear of the board room and at the doorway to the left. If
notified, please move in a calm and orderly fashion to the nearest exits”.
If anyone appearing before the Town Board has a family, financial or business relationship with any member of the
Board, it is incumbent upon that person to make it known under State Law and the Town Code of Ethics.
Regular Town Board: January 3, 2024
Organizational Meeting Minutes: January 3, 2024
Joint Meeting Minutes: January 22, 2024
Special Session January 24, 2024
**** PRESENTATION BY LEGISLATURE MILLS ****
Proclamation for: Megan Parzymieso
Ambassador and Champion for Women’s BOX Lacrosse
III PUBLIC HEARING
1. Public Hearing regarding a Conservation Easement regarding the matter of a Conservation
Easement for 6458 Bunting Road, located on the west side of Bunting Road, south of Newton Road,
Kathleen and Joseph Zizzi, requesting a 15-year Conservation Easement for 29.57 Acres, Zoned
A-1. (SBL# 197.00-2-3.21).
IV PUBLIC COMMENT ON NEW BUSINESS *4 minute time limit per resident*
V NEW BUSINESS
1. Town Board to approve agreement with Orchard Park High School’s work-based learning
2. Town Board to appoint a Town Historian for the year 2024.
3. Town Board to approve the 2024 salary of a non-union part-time employee of the Town Clerk’s
Office effective January 1, 2024.
4. Town Board to approve a pay rate increase for a part-time non-union Senior Center employee.
5. Town Board to approve pay rate increase for three part-time non-union Senior Center employees.
6. Town Board to appoint seasonal help to the Engineering Department.
7. Town Board to approve Town of Orchard Park’s Full-time Dog Control Officer rate of pay increase.
8. Town Board to approve Town of Orchard Park’s Part-time Dog Control Officer rate of pay increase.
9. Town Board to approve Town of Orchard Park’s Police Clerk, Nadine Tomaka rate of pay increase.
10. Town Board to approve the appointment of 2024 part-time staff to the Orchard Park Recreation
11. Town Board to approve a Special Event 5K run for Allergy Awareness for May 18, 2024 at 10AM.
12. Town Board to approve a Budget Transfer for the Engineering Department.
13. Town Board to approve a Budget Amendment for Compost Equipment.
14. Town Board to add former Councilmember Conor Flynn to the Standard Workday and Reporting
Solution for elected and appointed officials.
15. Town Board to appoint full time IT Technician.
16. Town Board to update appointment of Police Officer.
17. Town Board to promote Police Officer John E. Starr to the Position of Patrol Lieutenant.
18. Town Board to approve a budget transfer for outside support.
19. Town Board to refer the following to the Planning and Conservation Boards for their review and
-7425 Jewett Holmwood Road, Eagle Ridge Recreation Association, Inc., located on the
south side of Jewett Holmwood Road, west of Timberlake Drive, Zoned R-1, applicant
is seeking an amendment to a Special Use Permit to increase the number of members
permitted. (SBL # 173.20-1-20)
20. Town Board to authorize the Parks Department to advertise for bids in the Orchard Park BEE for
the resurfacing of Tennis Courts at Orchard Meadows Park.
21. Town Board to award the bid for mowing of Town owned cul-de-sacs and green space.
22. Town Board to award the bid for porta-potties in the Town of Orchard Park.
23. Town Board to approve closure of Capital Projects and Transfer of Capital Projects Funding.
VI BUSINESS FROM THE FLOOR *4 minute time limit per resident*
VII ELECTED OFFICIALS & DEPARTMENT MANAGERS
Supervisor Eugene Majchrzak
Councilmember Joseph Liberti
Councilmember Scott Honer
Councilmember Julia Mombrea
Councilmember John Mariano
Town Clerk Remy Orffeo
Town Attorney Tim Gallagher
Building Inspector Tom Minor
Chief of Police Patrick Fitzgerald
Director of Recreation, Parks & Forestry Ed Leak
Highway Superintendent Andrew Slotman
Town Engineer Wayne Bieler
County & State Representatives
XIII APPROVAL OF BILLS Warrant #3
-Orchard Park December 2023 Building Inspectors Report
-Orchard Park Annual Building Inspectors Report for 2023